Migrating a turn table to a shapefile
You may already have a turn table that you want to convert to a turn feature class for a network dataset in a shapefile or a geodatabase workspace. This topic steps through the process of migrating a turn table from a shapefile workspace to a turn feature class in the same workspace. These steps can be executed in ArcMap or ArcCatalog.
On the menu bar, click Geoprocessing > Search For Tools.
The dockable Search window opens with the Tools category selected.
Click Network Analyst Tools in the list of toolboxes in the Search window.
A list of toolsets and tools related to the ArcGIS Network Analyst extension are listed.
- Click Turn Feature Class in the Search window.
Click Turn Table To Turn Feature Class.
The Turn Table To Turn Feature Class dialog box opens.
- Specify the parameters on the tool's dialog box.
The DBF turn table is migrated to a turn feature class.
Navigate to the shapefile where you stored the output file.
- If you are in ArcMap, use the Catalog window to navigate to the files.
- If you are in ArcCatalog, use the Catalog Tree.
- Right-click the shapefile and click New Network Dataset.
- Use the New Network Dataset wizard to define and build the network.
This dialog box requires the turn table (.dbf file or INFO table), the line shapefile, and a name for the output turn feature class. A turn feature class will be output in the same shapefile workspace as the line shapefile.