Adding or removing turns
You can add turn sources to your network only if your network dataset supports turns. If you want to add turns to a network that does not support turns, you will have to create a network dataset that supports turns.
If you don't have a turn feature source in your geodatabase feature dataset or in your shapefile workspace, you will have to create a new turn feature class or import an existing turn table to a turn feature class.
- Open the Network Dataset Properties dialog box.
Click the Turns tab to add or remove turn sources from the network dataset.
If there is no Turns tab on your Network Dataset Properties dialog box, your network does not support turns. You will need to create a network dataset that does support them.
To add turn sources, click Add.
The Add Turn Sources dialog box displays a list of available turn sources that are present in the same feature dataset as the network.
- Click a turn source.
- Click OK to add the selected turn source to the network dataset.
- To remove a turn feature source, click the turn name in the Turns list and click Remove.
- If the addition or removal of a turn source changes the values of any network attribute, modify the properties and settings of network attributes.
Click OK to close the Network Dataset Properties dialog box.
The network must be rebuilt to reestablish the connectivity, recalculate affected attributes, and update the network elements.
- In the Catalog window, right-click the network dataset and click Build.