Making a connection from ArcIMS to a geodatabase in Informix
To use data from ArcSDE in one of your ArcIMS services, you connect to the database. In this case, you can get more details from the ArcIMS help, but the basic information you provide on the ArcSDE Connection dialog box to make a connection to an ArcSDE geodatabase is as follows:
- Type the name of the server on which the DBMS resides in the Server text box.
What you type in the ArcSDE service text box depends on whether you are making a direct connection to the geodatabase or a connection using an ArcSDE service.
- If you are making a direct connection, type sde:informix in the ArcSDE service text box.
- If you are making a connection using an ArcSDE service, type the port number of the ArcSDE service in the ArcSDE service text box.
- In the Database text box, type the Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) data source name for the database to which you want to connect.
- Type a user name in the User name field. Or, if you are using OS authentication, type a backslash (\).
- If connecting with a database user, type the user's password in the password text box. If connecting with OS authentication, type password in the password text box.