What is geodatabase configuration?
Geodatabase configuration customizes how data is stored in your geodatabase and how it is accessed.
There are a few configuration settings you might alter depending on the conditions and workflows implemented at your site. These settings can be made in the database management system (DBMS) or in ArcSDE. Some must be made prior to creating the database and geodatabase; others can be made after the geodatabase is created.
The following must be configured prior to database or geodatabase setup:
- Most database initialization parameters
- Database locale
- Storage for geodatabase system tables (DATA_DICTIONARY settings in the dbtune.sde file)
- Initial service information in the system and SDEHOME services files
The following settings can be altered after the database and geodatabase are created:
- Environment variables in dbinit.sde
- Parameter settings in the SERVER_CONFIG table
- Log file configurations
- User data storage parameters in the DBTUNE table