Setting up multiple ArcSDE services on one Windows server
If you have two separate geodatabases on the same server and are using an ArcSDE service, you must have separate ArcSDE services with unique service names and a separate port number in the services files.
- Make a copy of your dbinit.sde file, giving it a new name. This name must include the name of the new ArcSDE service. For example, if the new service will be sdeservice2, name the dbinit file dbinit_sdeservice2.sde.
- If you want to specify different geodatabase storage information for the second geodatabase, make copies of your giomgr.defs and dbtune.sde files, giving them different names. For example, you could name them giomgr2.defs and dbtune2.sde.
- Alter the contents of the new copies of the files to include the parameters and values with which you want your second geodatabase to be built. Based on the example given in the previous step, you would be altering giomgr2.defs and dbtune2.sde.
- Create the geodatabase in the second DB2 database using the Post Installation wizard.
- When you get to the ArcSDE configuration files dialog box, click Use custom file for the giomgr.defs, dbinit.sde, and dbtune.sde files and specify or browse to the location of each of these files.
Specify a unique service name and port number on the ArcSDE service information dialog box.
This step of the wizard adds the new service information to the Windows and ArcSDE services files.