Adding the Compress command to ArcCatalog
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
The Compress command is not present by default in ArcCatalog. To use it, you must add it to the interface.
- Click Customize > Customize Mode.
Check the Context Menus check box in the list of toolbars.
This opens the Context Menus dialog box.
- Expand the Context Menus list.
Click the arrow next to the Remote Database context menu.
You may have to scroll down to see this.
- Click the Commands tab on the Customize dialog box.
- Click Geodatabase tools in the Categories window.
Drag the Compress Database command from the Commands list onto the context menu.
The command appears on the context menu.
- Click Close on the Customize dialog box.