Store setup tool
The Store Setup wizard helps you prepare your onw store location data for use in Business Analyst. It is important to note for Business Analyst to analyze your stores so that each one must is uniquely identified. If you don't have a field in your database that has a unique name or number for each store, Business Analyst can create it for you.
- Tabular data—Choose this option if your store data is in a tabular format such as a spreadsheet or .dbf file.
- Map-ready data—Choose this option if your data is contained in a standard ArcGIS file format such as a shapefile or geodatabase.
- Create an empty layer—Choose this option to create an empty store layer so that you can manually build your store attribute table and place locations on the map.
- Enter stores' addresses—Choose this option to manually add store addresses one at a time and create a store layer.
- XY/GPS data—Choose this option to add store locations by longitude (x) and latitude (y) coordinates in decimal degrees and create a store layer.
- Run Address Coder—Choose this option to create a store layer while appending additional demographic attributes during the geocoding process or when using advanced selection options. See the Address Coder help for more information.
After the store layer has been created, a shapefile of your data is created and stored in the My Output Data\Projects\Your Project\StoreLayers folder.