Interactive SDK samples
The interactive SDK provides a set of functional and instructive samples for using the ArcGIS API for Silverlight in Silverlight applications. The interactive SDK can be used on the Interactive Silverlight SDK website, where both functionality and the code to create each sample are demonstrated. In addition, the interactive SDK can be downloaded and used on your local machine. To set up the sample code on your machine, take the following steps:
- Download the Interactive Silverlight SDK samples.
- Download and install the April 2010 version of the Silverlight 4 Toolkit on CodePlex. If necessary, repair the reference to the System.Windows.Controls.Toolkit assembly.
- Download and install the Expression Blend 4 SDK for Silverlight. If necessary, repair the reference to the System.Windows.Interactivity assembly.
- Unzip the sample to a location of your choice. Two solutions are included—one with CSharp code, and the other with VB.NET code. Each solution contains two projects, a Silverlight project and a web host application.
- In Visual Studio 2010, open the CSharp or VB.NET solution. The
Silverlight 4 Tools for Visual Studio
must be installed. Note:
If you want to see the VB.NET code-behind pages when running the CSharp solution, the VB.NET solution must be built before the CSharp solution.
- If necessary, repair the references to the ArcGIS API for Silverlight assemblies in the Silverlight application.
- Colorized text in the XAML and code-behind views is generated using logic in the SyntaxHighlighting.dll included with the Silverlight project under the Support folder. Since the assembly is included with the interactive SDK that was downloaded from the ArcGIS Resource Center, unblock it before building and running the application. For instructions on how to unblock an assembly for Visual Studio, see How to: Use an assembly from the web in Visual Studio.
- In the Solution Explorer, right-click the c:\...\ArcGISSilverlightSDKWeb\ project and select Set as StartUp Project.
- Clean and build the solution, then run the application.