- Where is the Age by Income Profile?
Information previously contained in the Age by Income Profile can now be found in the new Household Income Profile. This report also contains information that was previously contained in the Detailed Income Profile.
- How many points can I import?
You can import up to 4000 points for viewing in the Research Market tab. From there, you can add rings or drive times to points one at a time. You can also import up to 100 points on the Select Location tab and add rings or drive times around all 100 points at once.
- Is the data in BAO for the United States only? Can I run reports for Canada?
Esri Business Analyst Online only contains U.S data and reports can only be generated for locations within the United States.
- Does the Consumer Spending dataset represent annual amounts spent?
Yes. The total, average and index amounts for consumer spending variables represent annual figures.
- What is a “donut” trade area or site type?
Donut trade areas are created by differencing the areas between rings. The name “donut” comes from the appearance of the trade areas. Donut areas are useful if you want to know the marginal differences between trade areas.
- Why does my custom PDF map look different from the map I see on the screen?
The Create PDF tool uses a special map service to transform the map you are viewing into a print quality, 300 DPI PDF. The layers and features may appear slightly different from the background maps in the application. If you have suggestions for improving the custom PDF maps, use the Feedback form available from the Home tab.
- How do I print on-screen maps in a landscape format?
There are two ways you can print the map in landscape format.
- Select the print tool from the Map Tool Palette. Click Print on the Print Map preview. When the print dialog opens, change the print preferences to Landscape.
- Select the Create PDF tool on the Map Tool Palette and select the landscape option in the Create PDF window.
- How can I display geographic borders and labels on top of Color-Coded Maps?
Geographic boundaries and labels can be turned on/off under the My Layers drop-down menu located on the map.
- How can I rename and edit my previously created sites?
You can rename, edit and manage your sites by selecting Organize Sites from the Select Location menu. Organize Sites is located on the far right side of the menu. Shortcut links are also provided in the menu that appears when you click on a site.
- How can I create reports for the entire United States?
You can select the entire United States as a geography under Select Geographies on the Select Location tab.
- Can I see the full list of variables available in Esri Business Analyst Online?
You can see the full list of variables available here.
- Why can I find certain ZIP Codes when I use the Find Location feature, but not when I search for them as standard geographies?
Some ZIP Codes are designated as non-residential by the United States Postal Service. These ZIP Codes might represent Post Office Boxes or be assigned to a specific organization. Because no demographic data are associated with non-residential ZIP Codes, they cannot be selected as a standard geography for mapping or reporting purposes.