The Esri Business Analyst Online API for Flex enables you to build dynamic rich Internet applications (RIAs) using the same functionality that is in the Esri Business Analyst Online REST API and utilizes the powerful site screening, market analysis and economic development capabilities of Esri Business Analyst. This API greatly shortens the development time for creating Flex applications that utilize the Business Analyst Online API.
What can you do with the Esri Business Analyst Online for Flex?
The Business Analyst Online API for Flex extends the capability of Esriís ArcGIS API for Flex with methods to create trade areas, run demographic reports, run comparative analytics and more. You can:
- Use token-based security to authenticate, validate, and secure Web services transactions and execute a variety of Business Analyst Online tasks once authenticated.
- Execute trade area tasks around business points and display these simple rings or drive time trade area/services on the map and summarize their underlying demographics and market characteristics with a library of reports.
- Run reporting tasks to generate a variety of reports for Business Analyst Online data layers in different presentation-ready formats such as PDF, and in certain cases, consume the individual report values in your web application, using the S.XML (Simplified XML) format.
- Utilize lookup utility tasks which can be used in analysis tasks. These could include utilities such as retrieving available report templates, available geography features, standard geography data layers and summarization variables.
NOTE: You can program with the Business Analyst Online API for Flex without installing Business Analyst Server on your machine. Use the following base URLs in your application:
|Authentication base URL||https://baoapi.esri.com|
|Business Analyst Online tasks base URL||http://baoapi.esri.com|
What is included in the Esri Business Analyst Online API for Flex?
The Business Analyst Online API for Flex provides the following resources for use in your Web applications:
- Tasks - The API includes classes and methods for common Business Analyst Online tasks:
- Generating trade areas
- Generating reports
- Retrieving standard geography layers
- Running lookup utilities
- Thematic Mapping - Symbolize standard geography areas according to the selected thematic variable values and classification scheme.
- Access to ArcGIS API for Flex API components - The Business Analyst Online API for Flex is built on top of the ArcGIS Flex framework, which allows the user to use ArcGIS Server resources such as maps, locators, and geoprocessing models. Learn more about the ArcGIS Flex framework on the ArcGIS API for Flex site.
- Access to Adobe Flex components - The Business Analyst Online API for Flex is built on top of the Adobe Flex framework, which allows the user to use Flex components such as data grids, trees, panels, and charts. Learn more about the Flex framework on the Adobe web site.
- If you're new to ArcGIS API for Flex and Flex programming, see the ArcGIS API for Flex site.
- To begin building your Business Analyst Online application, see Working with the Esri Business Analyst Online API for Flex.
- The Samples and API Reference sections will help as you proceed with your application development.