Creating a blank custom general form
A blank custom form can be created inside any ArcPad layer defintion. Start with a blank form when you want to have complete control over the layout and style of pages and controls in your form.
- Create or open an applet, default configuration, or layer definition file.
- Click the Forms button on the standard toolbar.
The Forms dialog box appears.
- Click the Add button.
- Click the Form menu and click Form Properties.
The Form Properties dialog box appears.
- Type the name of the form in the Name text box.
- Type the caption of the form in the Caption text box.
- Type the width and height of the form in the Width and Height text
boxes, respectively, or select the target device for the form from
the combo box.
You can select from several pre-defined form sizes in the combo box on the Form Properties dialog box. For example, you can select 1/4VGA - 240x320 (Pocket PC) to create a form that will be viewed on a Pocket PC device.
- Uncheck the Page Tabs check box if you're creating a single page
If you uncheck the Page Tabs check box in the Form Properties dialog box, make sure you only have one page defined in your form.
- Click the Text Color, Font, and Background Color buttons to set the font and colors for the
If you don't set the font or colors for the form, the system's default settings will be used.
- Click OK.