Steps to select a navigation destination using the Find tool
- On the Browse toolbar, tap the Find button to open the Find dialog box.
- Tap the Layer drop-down list on the Query page and select the layer to search on.
- Optionally tap the Field dropdown list and select the Field to search on.
ArcPad will search all fields in the layer if you do not select a specific field
- Use the Soft Input Panel or keyboard to type the value that you want to search
for in the Value box.
If you leave the Find box blank, ArcPad will list all features in the selected layer.
- Tap the Results tab to execute the search.
A table is displayed listing all of the selected features.
- Tap the feature that you want to navigate to.
- Tap the Go To button to make the selected feature your destination.
- The selected feature is highlighted using the current highlight color.
The destination is displayed and labeled using the value of the field that was searched on. If no field was specified, the label will use the value of the first field that has any part of the word ‘name’ in the field name.
- Use the GPS Position Window to view the distance (DST) and bearing (BRG) from
your current GPS position to your selected destination.Tip:
Changing the highlight color: You can change the highlight color of a selected feature on the Display page of the ArcPad Options dialog box.