Supported rangefinder protocols
ArcPad supports rangefinder protocols rather than specific rangefinders. In practice, however, most rangefinders use proprietary protocols that are not supported by other vendors’ rangefinders. Consequently, many of the rangefinder protocols supported by ArcPad are often used by a single vendor’s rangefinders.
ArcPad supports the following rangefinder protocols:
- Laser Atlanta $LA1KA (original)
- Laser Atlanta $LA1KD (extended)
- Laser Atlanta $LA1KC (CMT, Corvallis MicroTechnology)
- LaserCraft Contour $PLCI
- Laser Technology Criterion 400 format ($PLTIT)
- Leica DISTO interface protocol
- Leica Vector/Laser Locator data transfer format
- Measurement Devices Ltd. $PMDLA
Any rangefinder that outputs any of the above protocols should work with ArcPad, as long as the rangefinder is correctly configured and properly connected to the device being used with ArcPad.
ESRI does not publish a list of supported rangefinders for ArcPad. ArcPad supports the above listed rangefinder protocols rather than specific rangefinders.