Selecting a navigation destination using the Go To Selected Feature tool
The Go To Selected Feature tool can be used to select a navigation destination by using the Select tool on the Edit toolbar. Select a feature from an editable layer and tap the Go To Selected Feature tool.
- Tap Start/Stop Editing button on the Edit toolbar.
- Activate a layer for editing, by selecting it from the available list.
- Tap the Select tool on the Edit toolbar.
- Tap the feature on the map that you want to select for your navigation
The selected feature is highlighted with a dashed box, showing the extent of the feature.
- Tap the arrow below the Select button to display the drop-down list.
- Tap Go To Selected Feature.
- The destination is displayed with a Mark label.
- Use the GPS Position Window to view the distance (DST) and bearing (BRG) from
your current GPS position to your selected destination.Tip:
Selecting vertical or horizontal lines: Increase the Pen Tolerance if you are having difficulty selecting a horizontal or vertical line feature. The Pen Tolerance can be set in the Display page of the ArcPad Options dialog box.Tip:
Displaying the Edit toolbar: The Edit toolbar is automatically displayed when a layer is checked for editing. You can also open the Edit toolbar by using the Toolbars list, located on the drop-down list to the right of the Tools button on the Main toolbar.Note:
Refer to section ‘Editing basics’, for more information on the editing tools and editing features.