Publishing ArcPad data to ArcGIS Server
Publishing ArcPad data to ArcGIS Server enables you to synchronize ArcPad edits directly with the source geodatabase within ArcPad, either through your network or wireless connection. Manually copying of edited files from device to PC, for check in is not required.
This exercise makes use of a number of ESRI products, and it is assumed that all are installed and operational before you commence this exercise. The system requirements for this exercise are:
- ArcGIS Desktop 9.3 and the ArcPad 8 Desktop Tools installed on the same machine OR ArcGIS Desktop 10 and the ArcPad 10 Desktop Tools installed on the same machine
- Permission to read and write to an SDE database that resides somewhere on your network
- Administrator permission to access an ArcGIS Server 9.3 (Advanced Enterprise Edition) machine which has the ArcGIS Server ArcPad 8 Extension installed on it OR Administrator permission to access an ArcGIS Server 10 (Advanced Enterprise Edition) machine which has the ArcGIS Server ArcPad 10 Extension installed on it.
If you are installing from ArcPad 10 installation media, the installation will detect whether you have ArcGIS Desktop 9.3 or ArcGIS Desktop 10, and install the correct version of the ArcPad Desktop Tools for you. Likewise, the Arcpad 10 installation media will detect whether you have ArcGIS Server 9.3 or ArcGIS Server 10, and install the correct version of the ArcGIS Server ArcPad Extension for you.
This exercise is divided into four parts.
- Preparing sample data for Publishing
- Using the ArcPad Data manager to Author an ArcPad Project
- Publishing an ArcPad Project
- Deploying a Published ArcPad Project