Using the ArcPad Data Manager to author an ArcPad Project for Publication
In this task you will use the ArcPad Data Manager for ArcGIS to select and extract data for publishing to ArcGIS Server.
- On your PC, start ArcMap by clicking Start > All Programs > ArcGIS >
ArcMap. When the first screen comes up, from the File menu click Open and
the following dialog appears.
- Navigate to a Map Document which you created in the previous exercise, and open it in ArcMap. The ArcPad Data Manager toolbar should already be activated. If the toolbar is not active, it can be done by selecting the ArcPad Data Manager extension in the Tools > Extensions dialog box
- Click the 'Author Project for ArcGIS Server' tool and the Welcome screen
If you do not want the welcome page to appear again, check the checkbox saying 'Do not show this welcome page again'.
- Click 'Next' and the following screen appears.
- Click the title ‘Action’ and choose to check out all geodatabase layers for
editing, as shown below
All the layers will now have the action 'checkout data', as shown below.Note:
If you have not added the Global IDs, and you run the tool 'Author Project for ArcGIS Server', you will be presented with the global ID's missing dialog, as shown below. Refer to section Preparing sample data for Publishing, Steps 24-25 for adding Global IDs.
- Click 'Next' and the following screen appears. On the 'Select Output Options'
page of the wizard, select the output options as required.
- Once the output options are selected, click 'Finish', and the following screen
The configuration you selected for your ArcPad project is saved and ready to be published to ArcGIS Server.Note:
This process does not create any data. It creates an .apo file on the server alongside the .mxd. You use the mxd and apo together to create an ArcPad publication in the next exercise.