Synchronizing with a Published ArcPad Project
To synchronize your ArcPad data with you source geodatabase, you need a connection to your network.
This can be done by:
- Cradling your device and connecting to your network using active sync
- Using GPRS or WIFI to connect your device to the internet.
To synchronize your ArcPad data:
- Open your ArcGIS Server deployed data (the data created in previous sections of this exercise) in ArcPad.
- From the add layers sub menu choose the option ‘Synchronize Data with ArcGIS
Server’, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Synchronization will continue in the background until complete.
- If you wish to examine the synchronization log, minimize your arcpad window and click the arcpad sync icon in the system tray
- The arcpad sync window displays messages that describe the synchronization
process. Confirm that the last entry is ‘synchronization completed’. Exit
arcpad sync (Menu > Exit)