Creating a polygon feature using the Rectangle, Ellipse, Circle, or Freehand tool
- Tap the arrow to the right of the feature tool to display the drop-down list.
Tap one of the polygon tools, such as the Rectangle feature tool.
- Tap the map to specify the position for the origin of the polygon—whether you are creating a rectangle, ellipse, circle, or freehand polygon.
- While still holding the pen on the map—or screen—drag the pen to select the position of the opposite corner of the rectangle, to increase the radius of the ellipse or circle, or to use the pen to draw the freehand polygon.
- Lift the pen to create the new polygon feature
The Feature Properties dialog box or custom edit form is automatically displayed after the new polygon feature has been created.
- On the Attributes tab, tap the Property field to open the associated Value text
box for typing in attribute data.
For example, tap the Value field associated with the NAME Property to open the associated Value text box and type the school name value of “Proposed”.
- On the Symbology tab, select the symbol for the new feature.
Symbology is based on the attribute value, therefore by selecting the symbology, you are also selecting the associated attribute value for this feature.
- Tap ok when you are finished capturing the feature properties for your new
Tapping the X button cancels the creation of your new feature.Note:
Refer to the Overview of QuickProject for more information on editing the categories on the Symbology page.