Creating a transparent layer
Giving a layer transparency is a simple way of showing varying and overlapping information. This is crucial when you are displaying many layers in ArcPad on a small portable screen. Transparency is set for an entire layer in the Layer Properties dialog box.
- From the Layer Properties dialog box, tap Transparency.
- To change the transparency color, tap the color box.
The Color Designer opens and displays a selection of colors.
- Tap the appropriate color on the Color Designer.
- Tap OK.
- Use the slider bar to select the percent transparency you want for this layer.
- Tap OK to close the Layer Properties dialog box.
- Tap OK to close the Table of Contents.Tip:
Setting transparency color: Some compression techniques do not provide exact colors and therefore could alter the result of your transparency color. For optimal transparency results use pure images such as TIFF, BMP, or PNG.