Selecting features for editing using the Find tool
- Tap the Find button to open the Find dialog box.
- Tap the Layer drop-down list on the Query page and select the layer to search
Optionally tap the Field dropdown list and select the field to search on.
- Use the Soft Input Panel to type in the value that you want to search for in the Value box.
- Tap the Results tab to execute the search and view the results.
A table is displayed listing all of the found features.
- Tap the feature that you want to select for editing.
- Tap Select.
The selected feature is highlighted using the Display Highlight color and a rectangle is displayed, outlining the geographic extent of the feature.Tip:
Changing the Display Highlight color: You can change the Highlight color of selected features in the Display page of the ArcPad Options dialog box.Tip:
The Select tool is not responding: The Select tool in the Find dialog box will be unavailable if the layer has not been set as editable.Note:
Refer to the section, Querying data, for help on using the Find tool.