Using the Measure tool
- Tap the arrow below the Identify tool to display the drop-down list.
- Tap Measure.
The Measure tool is activated, and the Measure button is depressed and promoted onto the toolbar. A red box around the Measure tool also indicates that it is active.
The Command bar is displayed at the bottom of the map window.
- Tap the map where you would like to begin to measure.
- Tap again to end the distance or continue to tap to create polyline or polygon.
- Tap the Proceed button on the Command bar when you are finished.
The Measurement Information dialog box displays with the following data: the coordinates (from and to location); the direct distance (from start to end); the actual distance drawn; the bearings; and if you drew more than two vertices, the estimated closed area of the shape.
- Tap OK to close the Measurement Information dialog box.
Undoing or cancelling your measurement reference points: Use the Undo tool on the Command bar to go back a step to the previously captured point for your measurement or use the Cancel Edits tool to erase all points for your measurement.