Using text on a feature in your graphics layer
- Use the Start/Stop Editing tool to make the graphics layer editable if it is
- Select the text feature type (text point, text line, text polygon, text rectangle, text ellipse) from the drop-down list, such as text ellipse.
- Draw the feature using the methods described in this section.
- Lift the pen to create the new feature in your graphics layer.
A text dialog box is displayed for the feature.Tip:
Using the editing tools on features in your graphics layer Use any of the feature editing tools, such as move, rotate, resize, scale, and delete, on the features in your graphics layer. Use the vertex tools, such as insert and append vertices, on your polyline and polygon features in your graphics layers. Offsets and traverses can also be used on your features. In order to use these feature editing tools on your graphics layer; the graphics layer can be the only selected layer for editing.Note:
Refer to the sections on creating point, line, and polygon features in this section for help creating features in your graphics layer.
- Type the text you would like to include with your feature
- Uncheck the No Feature Symbol checkbox to apply symbology to the graphic.
- Tap the box for the feature symbol. Use the Symbology Properties dialog box to select the symbol for your graphics feature.
- Uncheck the No Text Symbol checkbox.
- Tap the box for the text symbol. Use the Labelling Properties dialog box to select the font type for the feature.
- Tap OK
- Your feature is created using the text and feature symbology you selected.Tip:
Creating polyline and polygon features in your graphics layer: When you create a polyline or polygon feature for your graphics layer, you will need to use either the Commit Geometry Changes to create the feature without text or the Proceed button to display the Text dialog box. Both these buttons will become enabled on the Command bar once you have captured your first vertex.Tip:
Adding text to your polyline and polygon features in your graphics layer: ArcPad gives you the option to add text to your polyline and polygon features created in your graphics layer. Select the text polyline or text polygon tool from the feature type drop-down list before creating your feature. Alternatively, select any graphic, open the feature properties dialog box for the graphic, and add text using the dialog displayed.Note:
Refer to section, Symbolizing your data, for help using the Symbology and Labeling dialog boxes.