Displaying a layers symbology
- Tap the Table of Contents button.
- Tap the layer you wish to display symbology for.
- Open the Layer’s properties by either double-tapping on the selected layer or tapping the Layer Properties button.
- Tap the arrows to navigate to the Symbology page and tap on the Symbology tab.
ArcPad displays the layer’s symbology.
- Uncheck or check any of the symbol check boxes.
When checked, the symbol shown will be used to display features with the corresponding attribute values. When unchecked, no symbol will be displayed for features with the corresponding attribute value.
- To view a symbol’s properties, tap on the symbol.
The Symbol Properties dialog box opens and enables you to define your simple and complex symbology.
- Tap OK.Tip:
Adding a new legend category: You can add a new legend category by tapping the button. You can then specify the symbol, field value and label for the new category.
Tap the button to save the changes to the legend to the ArcPad Layer file (.apl).Tip:
Deleting a legend category: You can delete a legend category by tapping the legend category to be deleted. The delete button will appear when a legend category has been selected. Tap the delete button to delete the selected legend category.
Tap the button to save the changes to the legend to the ArcPad Layer file (.apl).