Creating a new point feature using a 1 point offset
- Make the point layer editable using the Start/Stop Editing tool.
- Tap the drop-down arrow next to the Offset Point button to display the drop-down list. By default, the Offset Point button is displayed on the Edit toolbar.
- Tap the Offset Point button.
- Tap Set Reference Point A.
A red box around the Offset Point and Set Reference Point A buttons indicates that they are active.
- Tap the screen to set reference point A.Tip:
Using a GPS to set the reference points: ArcPad will automatically use the current GPS position for the reference point if data is received from a rangefinder and there is no current reference point defined, and either Offset Point, Linear Traverse, or Radial Traverse are enabled.
- Tap the Point feature button.
- If you have a rangefinder activated, shoot your target or simply tap the screen
at the location of your feature.
The Point/Vertex dialog box opens on the Offset page.
- Verify that the information in the fields is accurate. .
- Tap OK
The Feature Properties dialog box is displayed with an edit form, if it exists. Enter the information for the new feature.
- Tap OK.
Your new feature is created.Note:
Refer to section, Using your rangefinder for information on how to use your rangefinder with ArcPad.