Creating a line feature using the Line tool and the pen
- Tap the arrow below the feature tool to display the drop-down list. Tap the
Line feature tool.
- Tap the map and while still holding the pen on the map —or screen—drag the pen to where the line should end.
- Lift the pen to create the new line feature.
The Feature Properties dialog box or custom edit form is automatically displayed after the new line feature has been created.
- On the form, type the required information or on the Attributes tab, tap the Property field to open the associated Value text box for typing in attribute data.
- Tap the Symbology tab to select the appropriate symbol for your new line.
- Tap OK when you are finished.
Your new line is drawn using the symbology you defined.Tip:
Deactivating the feature button: The selected feature button is active when it is displayed in a depressed mode. Tapping any other button or tool will deactivate the selected feature button.Tip:
Using the snapping options: Set snapping options in the Table of Contents to snap new features or vertices to existing ones.