Overview of the ArcPad Data Manager for ArcGIS
The ArcPad Data Manager is an extension for ArcGIS Desktop (ArcView, ArcEditor, or ArcInfo) that is installed with ArcPad.
At the time of the ArcPad installation, if you have ArcGIS 9.3, the ArcPad 8.0 Data Manager will automatically be installed. If you have ArcGIS 10, the ArcPad 10.0 Data Manager will automatically be installed.
The ArcPad 10.0 Data Manager is only compatible with ArcGIS 10.
The ArcPad Data Manager includes two components:
- An ArcMap toolbar.
- The ArcPad Tools for ArcToolbox.
The ArcPad Data Manager toolbar includes tools to:
- Extract data for use with ArcPad and/or check data out of a geodatabase for editing.
- Author and publish an ArcPad project to ArcGIS Server..
- Configure an ArcPad project for Geoprocessing.
- Check in edits that you made in ArcPad.
- Export symbology for selected shapefiles into ArcPad Layer files.
- Export ArcGIS styles to an ArcPad style.
- Deploy data to your mobile device.
The following screenshot describes the ArcPad Data Manager toolbar displayed in ArcMap.
The ArcPad Tools for ArcToolbox contains the following tools:
- ArcPad Check In
- ArcPad Check Out
- Deploy to Mobile Device
- Process ArcPad Project