Changing the text in the Find Address task
To change the default name and wording in the Find Address task, you can do the following:
- While editing or creating your Web application in Manager, display the list of current tasks in your application (click the Tasks tab if necessary).
- Choose your Find Address task from the list of tasks.
- Click Configure.
- Click the General tab.
- Type a name for the task. This name will appear on the top bar of the Web Mapping Application.
- Change the Resource, if necessary, to refer to the locator you specified earlier with the Supporting Services link. This step is especially important if you have more than one supporting geocode service in your Web application. You need to pick the locator that will be associated with this Find Address task.
- Type the text for the button users will click to execute the search.
- Optionally, type a help tip to provide direction to your task users. This tip will appear when users hover the mouse pointer on the task.