10026: Layer uses symbol level drawing with field-based transparency
Your map layer is set to use symbol level drawing with transparency set by each feature's attribute value. However, the use of transparency with symbol level drawing can affect the display performance of symbol level drawing in basemap layers or optimized map services.
- Check the drawing performance of your basemap layer in ArcMap or your map service in the Preview window. See Working with basemap layers or Publishing map services for more information.
- If drawing performance is slow, remove symbol transparency based on a field from your symbol level drawing. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click the Symbology tab on the Layer Properties dialog box.
- Click Transparency in the Advanced list.
- Choose none for the field name.
Symbol level drawing allows you to choose the drawing order of individual layers of a given symbol or set of symbols to achieve specific cartographic effects. In general, using transparency would defeat the purpose of using symbol level drawing. If your application warrants the use of transparency in conjunction with symbol level drawing, you can choose to mark this warning as an exception to avoid receiving the warning on subsequent analyses of the map. The basemap layer or optimized map service will use a slower method to perform symbol level drawing in this case.