10020: Layer uses symbol level drawing with a marker symbol with a halo
Your map layer contains the use of marker halos along with symbol level drawing. Using marker halos with symbol level drawing can impact interactive drawing performance in basemap layers or optimized map services.
- Check the drawing performance of your basemap layer in ArcMap or your map service in the Preview window. See Working with basemap layers or Publishing map services for more information.
- If drawing performance is slow, change the marker symbol to one that does not use a halo. Follow these steps:
- Click the marker symbol on the Symbology tab of the Layer Properties dialog box.
- When the Symbol Selector dialog box appears, click Edit Symbol.
- On the Mask tab of the Symbol Property Editor dialog box, change the Style value to None.
Basemap layers and optimized map service use a new graphics pipeline that can employ a high-performance processing method to draw symbol levels. However, markers with halos are incompatible with this method. You can choose to mark this warning as an exception to avoid receiving the warning next time you analyze the map. This layer will then use a slower method to perform symbol level drawing for this layer.