Deleting pyramids from a raster dataset
If you need to remove pyramids from a raster dataset, it is recommended that you use the Build Pyramids tool with the Build Pyramids Environment Setting unchecked.
Alternatively, if the raster dataset is stored on disk, you can delete the pyramid file stored with it by accessing the location on disk and removing the .ovr file (or .rrd).
- Open the Build Pyramids tool.
- Choose the raster dataset that needs its pyramids deleted.
- Click the Environments button.
- Expand Raster Storage.
- Uncheck Build Pyramids.
- Click OK in the Environment Settings window.
- Click OK to run the tool.