Loading custom statistics for display
Statistics may be located within another raster dataset or an XML file. Either can be used and applied to a raster dataset.
The XML file contains the following structure:
A <Band> element and it's sub elements can be repeated for bands 2 and 3 if the XML file is written for an three-band (RGB) display. The example above can be used for a single-band (grayscale) display.
<RasterStatistics> <Band> <min></min> <max></max> <mean></mean> <stddev></stddev> </Band> </RasterStatistics>
- In the table of contents, right-click the raster layer and click Properties.
- Click the Symbology tab.
- Click either the Stretched or RGB Composite renderer.
- Click the Statistics drop-down arrow and click From Custom Settings.
- If the statistics are located in a raster dataset, click Import; if the statistics are located in an XML file, click Load XML.
- Navigate to the statistics file and click either Add or Open.
- Click OK to render the raster dataset with the loaded statistics.