Stretching a raster to improve the visual contrast
Stretching refers to the redistribution of the pixel values along the histogram for each displayed band.
- In the table of contents, right-click the raster layer for which you want to increase the visual contrast and click Properties.
- Click the Symbology tab.
- Click Stretched.
- If your raster dataset has multiple bands, choose the band you want to stretch.
- Optionally, click the Label text boxes and type labels for the table of contents.
- Click the Color Ramp drop-down arrow and click a color ramp.
- Optionally, choose a color or No Color to display any NoData values.
- Optionally, click the Stretch Type drop-down arrow and click the type of stretch you want to perform.
- Click OK.