Drawing thematic raster datasets representing unique categories
The Unique Values renderer is used to display each value in the raster layer individually. It can be used to represent unique categories, such as land use.
Having current statistics improves the renderer's ability to display the raster accurately.
- In the table of contents, right-click the raster layer that you want to draw showing unique values, and click Properties.
- Click the Symbology tab.
- Click Unique Values.
- Optionally, if the raster has a value attribute table, click the Value Field drop-down arrow and click the field you want to map.
- Click the Color Scheme drop-down arrow and click a color scheme.
- Optionally, click the Label text box and type a different description.
- Optionally, select a color or No Color to display any NoData values.
- Click OK.
Use the Image Analysis window or Effects toolbar to interactively adjust a raster layer's transparency over other layers on your map.
You can quickly change the colors applied to a raster by clicking the color in the table of contents.