The Arithmetic function performs an arithmetic operation between two rasters or a raster and a scalar and vice versa.
The inputs for this function are the following:
- Input Raster 1
- Input Raster 2
If you want to use a constant value for every pixel value in a raster, click the Raster drop-down arrow within the Generate raster from constant section of the dialog box and choose either Raster 1 or Raster 2. Then specify a value in the Constant text box.
The Operation options are
- Plus—Outputs the sum of all the corresponding pixel values for each raster.
output = Raster1 + Raster2
- Minus—Outputs the difference between the corresponding pixel values for each raster. This can be used to calculate change detection.
output = Raster1 - Raster2
- Multiply—Outputs the product of the corresponding pixel values for each raster. This can be used to perform some cost functions.
output = Raster1 × Raster2
- Divide—Outputs the divisible result between the corresponding pixel values for each raster.
output = Raster1 ÷ Raster2
- Power—Outputs the product of the corresponding pixel values raised to the power of the input raster or scalar.
output = Raster1Raster2
- Mode—Outputs the pixel value of all overlapping pixels that occurs the most. For example, if there are six bands in a raster, there will be six overlapping pixels. For the values 4, 5, 6, 4, 7, 9, the mode value is 4.