Editing properties of raster data in an image service definition
ArcGIS 10 is the last release of the stand-alone ArcGIS Image Server product. The image service definition (.ISDef) has been replaced by an improved geodatabase data model—the mosaic dataset—which can be published as an image service using the ArcGIS Server Image extension.
Click the Image Service drop-down menu on the Image Service Definition Editor toolbar and click Advanced > Edit Raster Properties.
The Edit Raster Properties Wizard is displayed.
Click the Next button to proceed with editing the RPDef files.
The Select what you want to edit wizard panel is displayed.
In this panel, you are given various options, such as general properties, process chains, paths to raster source data, and values in the XML files using XPaths. You can edit these options for the raster process definition files. The first option allows you to modify the general properties of a raster dataset or rasters in the image service definition.
- Select the General properties of raster datasets or rasters.
- Click the Next button.
Optionally, you can select Raster dataset or Raster. Based on the selection, you can change the general properties such as number of bands, bit depth, pixel type, and so forth, of the raster dataset or the raster.
- Select Raster dataset if you want to edit raster dataset properties, then click the Next button.
- Select Raster if you want to edit the RPDef file of an individual raster.
If you have selected Raster in step 5, you will have the option to select either all rasters or one raster based on the raster ID:
- All rasters—Choose this option to edit the general properties for all the rasters.
- By raster ID—Choose this option to edit the general properties of a particular raster based on its raster ID. You can get the list of raster IDs by clicking the List Raster ID's button. This list will search for the raster IDs in the first 100 raster process definition files.
If you have selected Raster Dataset in step 5, you will get the following wizard panel, where you can modify the values of the raster dataset properties.
For each option, there is a check box that you need to check;then, modify the values in the boxes on the right. In case of the NoData property, you can either type in the color measurement value or click the black square icon to open a color palette, where you can select the desired color.
If you have selected Raster in step 5, you will get the following wizard panel:
Similar to the Raster Dataset properties, for each raster property, there is a check box that you need to select; then, modify the values in the text box on the right. In case of the NoData property, you can either type in the color measurement value or click the black square to open a color palette, where you can select the desired color.
Click the Next button.
The Do you want to perform additional editing wizard panel is displayed.
Click either Yes or No.
- Click Yes if you want to perform additional editing to the raster process definition files.
- Click No to continue with the current editing tasks.
The Your raster process definition files are ready to be processed wizard panel is displayed. You can verify the properties you have modified in the Summary of modifications list.
- Click the Finish button to complete the editing process and close the Edit Raster Properties Wizard.