Setting an adjusted date
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
Associated feature classes must be assigned an adjusted date. An adjusted date corresponds to an adjustment level, which is a date and time when the parcel fabric was adjusted with a least-squares adjustment. The set of displacement vectors generated from a least-squares adjustment is stored with a corresponding adjustment level.
When first associating feature classes to the fabric, you can either specify an existing adjusted date or set the date to Not Yet Adjusted. If you set the adjustment date to Not Yet Adjusted, the feature classes or datasets will receive the updates from all least-squares adjustments that have been applied to the parcel fabric and the adjustment date will be set to the date of the last adjustment of the fabric. If you specify an existing adjusted date, the feature classes or datasets will receive the updates from all least-squares adjustments that have been applied to the parcel fabric since the adjusted date you selected. Essentially, you are telling your feature classes that they are current with the adjusted date you specified and that they only need to receive adjustments from the parcel fabric after the adjusted date you specified. Associated feature classes and datasets can have different adjusted dates (adjustment levels). You only have to set the adjustment date once and, after the initial adjustment, the adjusted date or adjustment level is managed by the system.
- In the Catalog tree, right-click the parcel fabric to which you are associating feature classes and click Properties.
- Click the Associations tab.
- Select the feature classes for which you want to set an adjusted date.
- Click the Set Date.
- To search for existing adjustment levels in the database, select a date in the calendar and click the Search for adjustment dates button. All existing adjustment dates, up to and including the date you selected, will be displayed for selection. Feature classes or datasets will receive the updates from all least-squares adjustments that are applied to the parcel fabric since the selected adjustment date.
- To leave your feature classes as unadjusted, check the Not Yet Adjusted checkbox. The feature classes receive all adjustments in the database when adjusted.
- To set the adjustment level to the current date and time, check the Use current date and time checkbox. The feature classes will receive the updates from all least-squares adjustments that are applied to the parcel fabric since the current date and time.
The Parcel Fabric Properties dialog box appears.
You can only set an adjusted date for those feature classes that are not yet adjusted.
If no feature classes are selected, the adjusted date you specify is applied to all unadjusted feature classes in the Associations list.
The Set Date dialog box appears.