Creating a new topology with a parcel fabric
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
When creating a new topology with a parcel fabric, the parcel fabric is added as a single dataset to the topology.
When defining topology rules, the internal feature classes of the fabric are available to participate in any appropriate rules, for example, fabric LinePoints can participate in the Point Must Be Covered By Line rule.
- In the Catalog tree, right-click the feature dataset containing the parcel fabric you want to add to a topology.
- Point to New > Topology.
- Click Next.
- Enter a name and a cluster tolerance for your topology.
- In the list of feature classes, check a checkbox for each feature class to add to the topology.
- Click Next.
- Click under the Rank field of the list of feature classes to specify a rank for your parcel fabric and each of your feature classes. Click Next.
- Click the Add Rule button to define the rules of your topology.
- Click Next to view your topology creation summary.
- Click Finish to create the topology.
The New Topology wizard appears.
If you want to run the topology on the internal feature classes of the parcel fabric, you just need to select and add the parcel fabric to the topology. If you are running a topology with the parcel fabric and other feature classes, select both the parcel fabric and the other feature classes you want to add to the topology.
The feature classes of the parcel fabric are exposed for selection in the Feature Classes drop-down lists on the Add Rule dialog box.