Setting ArcMap options
You have the ability to establish a number of preferences for ArcMap and your map document in the ArcMap Options dialog box. Once set, these options are saved as properties of your map document and are used each time the map document is opened in subsequent sessions or until they are changed.
To open the ArcMap Options dialog box, click Customize > ArcMap Options on the main menu.
Using this dialog box, you establish a series of general settings for your map as shown above. In addition, you can set options for the following:
- Data View options—Enable hardware acceleration and coordinate display in your map's data frame(s). Note:
Hardware acceleration improves the refresh rate of supported layers only, such as basemap layers and accelerated raster layers.
- Layout View options—Enable options for page unit guides and grids and for snapping various map elements to these page locations.
- Metadata options—Set the Metadata Style and update rules.
- Table options—Enable options for table appearance, prompts and warnings for various table states, and attribute join properties.
- Raster options—Enable properties for band combinations for multiband display, and rules for pyramid generation.
- CAD options—Enable option for recognizing DGN files.
- Display Cache option—Enable properties to specify the cache location, clear an existing cache, and to view its size. See Managing your local display cache for more information.