Copying, renaming, deleting terrain datasets
Certain behaviors exist when working with a terrain dataset and its contributing feature classes. The following list describes restrictions and recommendations when copying, renaming, and deleting terrain datasets.
- Terrain datasets can be copied. When a terrain dataset is copied to another feature dataset, all the participating feature classes, both referenced and embedded, are also copied.Note:
The feature dataset where the terrain dataset is to be copied must have the same coordinate system as the terrain dataset.
- A terrain dataset containing a reference to feature classes that participate in multiple terrain datasets cannot be copied.
- Feature classes contributing to a terrain dataset cannot be copied. You must use the Export command from the shortcut menu of a feature class to copy it to another location.
- The feature classes of a terrain dataset cannot be renamed.
- Feature classes of a terrain dataset cannot be deleted; however, the terrain dataset itself can be deleted. If you delete a terrain dataset, the contributing feature classes can also be deleted.