Sorting records in a table by multiple fields
Sorting records in a table allows you to better understand the data that you are working with. You can discover the largest and smallest values or perhaps the most and least significant features in the layer. Sorting is also an efficient means for organizing your data in alphabetical or sequential order.
To sort up to four fields at once
- Right-click a field name and click Advanced Sorting.
- Click the Sort by arrow and click the first field by which you want to sort.
- Click Ascending or Descending to choose the sort order.
- Click the Then sort by arrow, click the next field, then choose a sort order.
- Click up to two more fields and their sort orders. Choose (none) if you don't want to sort the fields at that level.
- Click OK.