You can export records in a table to create a new table. For example, you might want to modify a table without altering the original records, share the table with a colleague, or create a new table with a particular set of records.
You can choose among several formats to export to, including dBASE, INFO, or geodatabase tables. You can export selected records or all records in a table to create a new table.
- Right-click the table or layer in the table of contents and choose Open Attribute Table.
- Click the Table Options button .
- Click Export.
Click the Export arrow on the Export Data dialog box and choose the Selected Records or All Records option.
The Selected Records option is only available if records are selected in the table you want to export.
- Click the browse button and navigate to the folder or geodatabase in which you want to place the exported data.
- Click the Save as type arrow and click the format to which you want to export the data.
- Type a name for the exported table.
- Click Save.
- Click OK.
You can also export tables from ArcCatalog.
When exporting from text file to shapefile format, the export may fail if the length of a record exceeds the supported length for .dbf files.