Renaming a geodatabase
You can rename file and personal geodatabases.
You cannot rename ArcSDE geodatabases or geodatabases on database servers.
Follow these steps to rename a file or personal geodatabase:
- Start ArcMap and open the Catalog window, or open ArcCatalog.
- Navigate to the folder location of the geodatabase you want to rename.
If the folder connection does not already exist, add one to the Catalog tree.
- Right-click the geodatabase and click Rename.
- Type a new name for the geodatabase.
- Press ENTER when you are finished.