Creating Feature Set and Record Set variables
Any model that uses a feature class or feature layer as input can be modified to accept a feature set. Any model that uses a table as input can be modified to accept a record set. Feature set or record set variables can be created as new variables, or existing variables can be changed to feature or record sets.
Creating a new feature or record set variable
- Right-click anywhere in a model and choose Create Variable.
- Scroll down the list and choose Feature Set or Record Set as the variable data type.
A new empty Feature Set or Record Set variable is created in the model.
- Use the Connect tool to connect the variable to a tool.
Modifying an existing variable
- Select and right-click an existing data variable and click Properties.
- In the variable Properties window, click the Data Type tab.
- Under the Select data type drop-down list, choose Feature Set or Record Set.
The data type of the existing variable is changed to Feature Set or Record Set.