Displaying source and sink features in a layer
- Right-click the feature layer in the table of contents for which you want to display source and sink features.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Symbology tab.
- Click the Category item in the list, then click Unique Values in the expanded list of items.
- Click the Value Field drop-down arrow and click AncillaryRole to use this attribute for the symbolization.
- Click Add All Values.
- Double-click a symbol to change it for a particular value.
- Click OK when you're finished formatting the symbols.
Each change made to the data view or layout view that affects the display of the data (such as docking a toolbar, maximizing the window, or changing symbology) causes the map to be redrawn. When working with large datasets, redrawing the map can take a considerable amount of time. If you're making multiple changes that affect the view, you can stop the map from being redrawn by pressing the ESC key.