Altering a junction's ancillary network role in ArcMap
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
- Add your network feature classes to ArcMap.
- Click the Editor Toolbar button on the Standard toolbar.
- Click the Editor menu on the Editor toolbar and click Start Editing.
- Click the Edit tool on the Editor toolbar.
- Click the network junction whose ancillary role you want to change.
- Click the Attributes button on the Editor toolbar.
Click a value for AncillaryRole.
The junction feature acts as a sink in the network.
The junction feature acts as a source in the network.
The junction feature won't act as either a source or a sink.
- Repeat the last three steps until all the junctions whose ancillary roles you want to change are updated.
- Use the tools found on the Utility Network Analyst toolbar to recalculate the flow direction of the network.
- Not all network junction features can have ancillary roles. Those that don't cannot act as sources or sinks in the network. To learn more about network ancillary roles, see What are geometric networks?.
- To learn how to set flow direction for a network and other network analysis tools, see Flow direction in a geometric network.