Creating a new network junction feature class in the Catalog tree
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
- Right-click the feature dataset that contains the network.
- Point to New.
- Click Feature Class.
- Type a name and an alias for the new feature class.
- Click the drop-down arrow and click Simple Junction Feature to create a feature class that stores network junctions.
- Click the drop-down arrow and click the geometric network in which this feature class will participate.
- Check the check box to allow the features in this feature class to be able to act as sources or sinks in the network.
- Click Next.
Follow the steps for creating a feature class in a feature dataset.
You will be presented with an additional dialog box where you can associate the network's weights with fields in the feature class.
- To associate a weight in the network with a field in this new feature class, under Field, click the field next to the weight you want to associate.
- Click the name of the field in the drop-down list to associate with this weight.
Repeat the previous two steps until you have associated the weights in the network with fields.
You don't have to associate all the weights with fields.
- Click Finish.
Adding a new feature class to a geometric network that is registered as versioned will automatically register the new feature class as versioned.
If you specify that you want to store sources and sinks in a junction feature class, a field called AncillaryRole will automatically be added to it. If not, then the AncillaryRole field will not be included in the feature class.