Creating a new network edge feature class in the Catalog tree
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
- Right-click the feature dataset that contains the network.
- Point to New.
- Click Feature Class.
- Type a name and an alias for the new feature class.
- Select the type of features that will be stored in this feature class from the drop-down list. Click Simple Edge Feature to create a feature class that stores simple edges. Click Complex Edge Feature to create a feature class that stores complex edges.
- Click the drop-down arrow and click the geometric network in which this feature class will participate.
- Click Next.
Follow the steps for creating a feature class in a feature dataset.
You will be presented with an additional dialog box where you can associate the network's weights with fields in the feature class.
- To associate a weight in the network with a field in this new feature class, under Field, click the field next to the weight you want to associate.
- Click the name of the field in the drop-down list to associate with this weight.
Repeat the previous two steps until you have associated the weights in the network with fields.
You don't have to associate all the weights with fields.
- Click Finish.
Adding a new feature class to a geometric network that is registered as versioned will automatically register the new feature class as versioned.