Unregistering data as versioned
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
Usually, once data is registered as versioned, you do not unversion it. However, there are some instances in which unregistering as versioned becomes necessary. These include the following:
- Create a topology.
- Add or remove feature classes from a topology.
- Add or remove topology rules.
- Modify the cluster tolerance or ranks.
- Create a geometric network.
- Add or remove a feature class from a geometric network.
If you want to save edits to all versions, reconcile and post each version in the database against the DEFAULT version.
If you do not do this, you may lose edits made to the data.
- After posting, delete each version. Right-click the database connection and click Compress.
Add the Unregister command to ArcCatalog (see Adding the Unregister command to ArcCatalog for instructions).
You can also use the Unregister As Versioned geoprocessing tool instead of the Unregister command in ArcCatalog. See Unregister as Versioned for more information.
- Right-click the feature dataset you want to unregister and click Unregister.
If you did not complete step 1 and want to save edits to the DEFAULT version, check Compress all edits in the Default version into the base table.
This compresses all versioned edits made to the version to which you are connected only.
If you did not complete step 1 before unregistering but did check Compress all edits in the Default version to the base table, you will lose any edits made to versions other than the version to which you were connected. If you did not complete step 1 before unregistering and did not check Compress all edits in the Default version to the base table, you will lose all edits in all versions.
- Click OK.