Setting breakpoints using Python
- Place your cursor on the following line of code in the multi_clip script:
- Click the Toggle Breakpoint button on the toolbar to place a breakpoint for that line.
- Click the Run button.
- Click the Debugging drop-down list and click Run in the debugger on the Run Script dialog box.
- Click OK to execute the script.
- Click Close to stop the script and close the Debugging window.
fcs = arcpy.ListFeatureClasses()
A breakpoint symbol appears on the far left margin of the script. It can be removed by clicking the Toggle Breakpoint button or clicking the Clear All Breakpoints button .
The script stops where the breakpoint is set so you can step through the script from that point.
Many breakpoints can be added to a script so you can move from one line to another during execution.
The Go button continues executing the script until the next breakpoint or the last line of code.