Creating segmented construction lines
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
The Segmented Line tool is used to digitize construction lines that are already split or segmented with a number of segments that you have specified. The segments will expand to fit the length of the digitized construction line.
- In an edit session in ArcMap, click the Parcel Editor arrow on the Parcel Editor toolbar and click Plan Directory to open the Plan Directory dialog box.
- On the Plan Directory dialog box, right-click the plan in which you want to digitize construction lines and click Construction.
- Click the Segmented Line tool on the Parcel Details dialog box.
- Click the starting point or from-point of the construction line.
- Using the Segmented Line tool,, right-click and enter the number of segments to add to the construction line on the Enter the number of segments dialog box.
- Click OK to segment the line.
If you are not working with plans, right-click the system default plan named <map>.
If you are working in manual mode using fabric jobs, you can right-click the plan listed in the Parcel Explorer window, if the plan is part of the open job.
Instead of right-clicking to type the number of segments in a dialog box, type the number of segments with the Segmented Line tool active.
The length of the segments expands proportionately to fit the length of the digitized construction line.